INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION MUSICA ANTIQUA 2017
The International Competition Musica Antiqua will focus on melodic instruments in 2017: recorder, baroque flute, baroque oboe, baroque violin, baroque cello & viola da gamba.
Johan Huys - BE, Jan De Winne - BE, Xenia Löffler - DE, Dorothee Oberlinger - DE, Enrico Onofri - IT, Marco Testori - IT and Mieneke van der Velden - NL will be the members of the jury.
The preselections start on Wednesday August 2 2017. The final will take place on Wednesday August 9.
Find more information about the program, regulations, the jury and applying by clicking on the links at the left side of this page.
More info? firstname.lastname@example.org
The repertoire of the International Musica Antiqua Competition 2017 for melody instruments was selected in order to challenge contestants to demonstrate their musical inventiveness, their technical thoroughness, and their mastery of style. Georg Philipp Telemann, who passed away 250 years ago, is awarded a central place in the competition program. President of the jury Johan Huys elaborates on the program in the regulations.
All participants prepare a program that contains the following elements:
- Two fantasias of the participant’s choice by G. Ph. Telemann (original, transposed, or adapted to the participant’s instrument)
- One work (original or not; either solo, with basso continuo, or with concertante harpsichord) by J.S. Bach
- An extra 1 hour selection of music containing minimally 4 complete solo works from the period 1600-1800.
Additionally, other works should be performed during the several rounds:
- A selection from the Telemann fantasias of the participant’s choice
- A selection from the 1 hour program submitted by the participant
- The work by Bach selected by the participant in his program
- Selection from the 1 hour program submitted by the participant
- Four improvised variations (solo or with basso continuo) – in any style – on a theme which is made available right after the announcement of the results of the preselection
- Four fragments from Une nuit à Monte-Carlo by the Belgian composer Karel Goeyvaerts (1923 – 1993).
- Recorder: G. Ph. Telemann - Concerto in F, TWV 51:F1
- Traverso: G. Ph. Telemann - Concerto in G, TWV 51:G1
- Baroque oboe: G. Ph. Telemann - Concerto in c, TWV 51:c1
- Baroque violin: G.Ph. Telemann – Concerto in D, TWV 53:D5
- Baroque cello: A. Vivaldi - Concerto in G, RV 413
- Viola da gamba: G. Ph. Telemann - Concerto in G for viola da braccio, TWV 51:G9
Consult the regulations for all details.
Read the regulations of the International Competition Musica Antiqua 2017 here
Subscription form for participants
International Competition Musica Antiqua 2017
recorder, baroque flute, baroque oboe, baroque violin, baroque cello & viola da gamba
02.08.2017 (preselection) – 09.08.2017(final)
subscription deadline: 28.04.2017